Re: CULT: Pre-germinant weed control

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: CULT: Pre-germinant weed control
  • From: Arnold Koekkoek <Koekkoek@dordt.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Sep 1997 13:29:31 -0600 (MDT)

I'm behind on reading my e-mail, so somebody may already have made
this point.  If so, sorry to duplicate, but I wanted to answer before
I forgot.  Re crab grass:  it is an annual grass, and though the
plant, once growing spreads out by growing roots from every nodule in
the stem, it recurs because of seeds, not spreading from the roots.
It can be eliminated by pre-emergent weed killers, which is the way
it is dealt with most often in lawns.  Major pest here, I have to
spray every few years (including next spring) to deal with it.

Arnold Koekkoek
NW Iowa  Zone 4

Arnold Koekkoek                         Home Ph. (712) 722-0724
Assoc. Prof. of History                 Off. Ph. (712) 722-6326
Dordt College                           e-mail koekkoek@dordt.edu
Sioux Center, IA 51250