Re: A rose is a rose... (Irises Named for The Blues)

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: A rose is a rose... (Irises Named for The Blues)
  • From: Arnold Koekkoek <Koekkoek@dordt.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Sep 1997 13:41:11 -0600 (MDT)

Barb Johnson asked about "The Blue Note" in Katmandu.  I have no idea
about that, but I seem to recall many years listening to a radio
program named and featuring "Casey, Crime Photographer",  who main
character derived from a series of novels by Geo. Harmon Coxe.  If my
memory serves me correctly, Casey frequented a bar named "The Blue
Note", where fine jazz was played by the resident pianist.  Anybody
else remember that far back?

Arnold Koekkoek

Arnold Koekkoek                         Home Ph. (712) 722-0724
Assoc. Prof. of History                 Off. Ph. (712) 722-6326
Dordt College                           e-mail koekkoek@dordt.edu
Sioux Center, IA 51250