Re: OT: Iris Art

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: OT: Iris Art
  • From: Jay or Terri Hudson <irishud@mcn.org>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Sep 1997 22:11:20 -0600 (MDT)

Perhaps you can pass this on to Janet and Shan as I don't know who that is
or their e-mail. Jay often deletes after I have read the mail and I must
have missed theirs but it is excusable as we are in the digging, heading to
shipping of iris and e-mail gets scanned quickly these days!

A year ago I started quilting an appliqued quilt top that my great
grandmother had made for my parents as a wedding gift 60 years ago, it had
never been quilted. One day in our garden a lady told me she was in town
for the quilt show  we have each year. I showed her my quilt, she then sent
me a copy of:
	Stearns and Foster catalogue of quilt pattern designs and neddle
craft Supplies. It seems that when women (years ago) ordered Mountain Mist
batting the patterns came with the batting. She says the catalogue has
around 150 great old patterns listed. The reason she sent it is my quilt
design is in there. I have no address or phone # but perhaps a quilting
group or magazine might have that. I can fax or mail you a copyof the page
that my design is on but it is not a pattern, just a description and
drawing.

I would like to see other iris designs for quilts, just thinking of doing
one for a raffle for our very poor society. As fundraiser we don't make
enough money!!

Good luck,

Terri