OT Diana, Princess of Wales

Since this has nothing to do at all with Iris I may be another person
out of line here. Since we have members all over the world I thought it
proper to leave a brief message of condolence to Lady Diana's Family. I
have attached the official condolences page. I hope I am not out of line
here. If I am I apologise in advance. We may not all agree on the Royal
Family but the loss of such a wonderful Lady deserves recognition.
Thanks for allowing my little testemonial for such a brave Lady. I for
one feel as if I have lost a true friend for all mankind.
DAVID SCHAFFER earthnwater163@webtv.net
Zone#6 Soutwestern Indiana 43 miles north of Evansville. Dry as a bone
so I water my Iris daily. Temperatures in low 90's heading for highs in
mid 70's midweek with rain (please God).Watering 400 Iris and 786
Daylillies with one arm is a task but a labor of love. Planting them
requires a lot of strange work but the beauty is worth all the extra
steps I need to get the job done. Recieved an Iris called Sambucini (?),
which I was told was brought into the gardens in 1560. If so this will
be the oldest of my historic and antique collection.
I have read some of the longer names you have posted on the cultivars
and found one that I considered unique in my older Iris, It is called
Samptfotchen. Presume it is German and have no idea what it means
literally. ome of you seem to stray from an Iris because of it's name.
The name game had never crossed my mind. I like to buy Iris by their
colors and what I think is pretty to me. I think the name is less
important on the Iris than the hybridizer's name.
Well my off topic post got back on topic. Read every post and thourghly
enjoy them.
If you feel the need contact Lady Diana's page.
Sorry for my ramblings but when I take a spell to post it gets typed as
it comes from my miniscule brain. Getting my posts organized would be as
hard as getting a blizzard in 90 degree weather. If you made it this for
pat yourself on the back. Goodnight to all!!!
         David Schaffer

Mr. Green Wet Thumb