Re: OT Diana, Princess of Wales

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: OT Diana, Princess of Wales
  • From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <cwalters@cache.net>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Sep 1997 19:37:07 -0600 (MDT)

David Shaffer writes (2 Sept 97):

> Since this has nothing to do at all with Iris I may be another person
> out of line here. Since we have members all over the world I thought it
> proper to leave a brief message of condolence to Lady Diana's Family.

There is hardly anything that does not have some connection with the world
of iris. I believe I am not far wrong in assuming the names of the
following iris were inspired by Diana, Princess of Wales, whose life ended
so tragically over the weekend:

ROYAL WEDDING (TB, F. Carr, R81 - not introduced)
BLUSHING DIANA (TB, D. Mohr, 82)
DIANA BLUE (SI, S. Varner, 83)
LADY DI (MTB, W.T. Varner, 89)
HIGH DI (SI, T. Aitken, 95)