RE: MDBs continued.

Ryan, speaking for myself, I think you got some pretty comprehensive
replies.  I agree with all the advice given.  My "MDBs" are now blooming
like SDBs.  I would like to see a better distinction between MDBs and
SDBs.  MDBs should remain small and bloom earlier.  There is a large
scope for improving colour range and patterns.  With respect to form, I
like the simple closed standards, round falls.  But I am sure that if
you could get ruffles and lace, it would sell well.  I don't think
floriferousness is a problem as most MDBs multiply quickly.  With
respect to hardiness, you would have a breakthrough if you could get one
that would do well in zone 4 and tolerate the heat in zone 9.

Maureen Mark
Ottawa, Canada