  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: TB: RANCHER'S CHOICE?
  • From: storey@aristotle.net (J. Michael, Celia or Ben Storey)
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 08:51:23 -0600 (MDT)

Greetings, fellow iris lovers.

Please help me stop tearing out my hair. There's a TB cultivar that's been
passed around here locally for several years. People call it RANGER'S
CHOICE or sometimes RANCHER'S CHOICE. I've been through all the Checklists
from '39 to '96 many, many times, first this spring and now this morning,
looking for this fool plant, but I can't find hide nor hair.

Maybe it's just me. Do you know who hybridized a bearded iris called by
either name? Was it in fact registered? Am I just missing the listing?

Little Rock, Arkansas