Re: TB: RANCHER'S CHOICE?

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: TB: RANCHER'S CHOICE?
  • From: "Walter A. Moores" <wam2@Ra.MsState.Edu>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 10:32:40 -0600 (MDT)

	Celia, I cannot help you with the above.

	We have an iris circulating here that is questionable.  It is
called BORN RICH and was so beautiful that twelve people ordered it at our
spring show.  What is being passed around here as BORN RICH is a yellow
ground plicata with brown markings, but upon checking the Check Lists,
there is a listing for a golden yellow by Bill Bledsoe.  He later changed
his mind and according to the Check List, 'stock destroyed, not
introduced.' Then, Jimmy Burch introduced for Bill Bledsoe a blue violet
with a red tipped beard and called it BORN RICH.  Some people think the
one with 'stock destroyed' notation is what we have, but the check list
does not mention plicata markings.  So...the judges gave it a blue ribbon!
And, our society membership with long time membership in AIS does not know
how BORN RICH got in our gardens.

	Since you are in Little Rock, do you have Tom Dillard's correct
email address?  I sent him a message and it was returned.  He had sent me
a snail mail request for LA irises for the 1999 Louisiana Convention in
LR.  I discarded the letter, thinking I would just send him an email
message telling him that I have only one decent seedling and that it
doesn't bloom until all the others are gone.  It will never be seen at a
show or on tour because of its lateness to bloom.  It didn't bloom this
year until May 25th while the Japanese were in bloom.

	TIA,

	Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS 7/8