Re: Bulb Source Ratings

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Bulb Source Ratings
  • From: Sharyn Hedrick <hedrick@serc.si.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 11:04:13 -0600 (MDT)

At 07:00 9/3/97 -0600, you wrote:
>Interesting that some "major" sources of bulbs are not on the CR list (I'm
>going to the library later today to look up the issue): John Scheepers,
>McClure and Zimmerman, Park's, Wayside, Burpees (the latter surely handling
>as many as White Flower Farms), Daffodil Mart (Heath's), etc.  Never heard
>of "Frank's Nursery."
>Bill Shear

        Frank's Nursery is actually Frank's Nursery and Crafts. It's a chain
of stores all over Maryland and I don't know how many other states. It
recently became listed on the New York Stock Exchange. There are two stores
in my immediate area and as far as bulbs go, they are the pre-packaged type
you find hanging on pegboard in many stores. Their live stock, perennials,
herbs etc., depends on the store. The one closest to me is very good,
particularly in the spring with perennials and herbs. Good prices , better
sales than local nurseries. Still can't believe Consumer's added it onto
list though.

Sharyn, Annapolis, Md.   >