Re: Iris hexagona

Dear All,
Living in the frozen North of the UK on the Northern side of Hadrian's
Wall I'm a bit worried about the small seedling I. Hexagona that I've
just planted out on my raised bed. A recent book suggests that it may not
flourish here (rarely get down to -10oC in the winter or above 25oC in
the summer). Does anyone have any thoughts about wether it will survive
and more importantly flourish and flower outside it's own climate? I have
Watsonia outside and they flower but are covered with a cloche in winter.
Christopher Morris
Hexham Northumberland, UK
The Schizostylis are starting to flower and there's an Autumnal nip in
the air.