OT-BIO Sue Stribley

Good evening. =20

My name is Sue and I live in a small town approximately 40 kms north =
east of Adelaide, South Australia, called One Tree Hill.  We live on a =
hobby farm of approximately 25 acres and I started taking a serious =
interest in iris (TBs) about two or three years ago.  Before that I =
thought all irises were mauve, purple or white (of which I had several) =
but soon learnt differently after attending a show conducted by the =
South Australian Iris Society (held in October each year). =20

My husband and I were amazed at the variety of colour and beauty of the =
blooms and I was "hooked".  Since that time I have begged, borrowed and =
bought from various local and interstate sources and have about 90 =
different TBs at the current time. =20

Having just gone into spring our blooming season will start shortly.  =
Well, I hope it will start shortly because this year I seemed to lose a =
lot of leaves and, up to about a month ago, a lot of my plants had fans =
of only 2"-3" high.  Our winter was very dry  this year - I don't know =
if that contributed to the problem or not.  Anyway the majority of =
plants have started to shoot a bit better now so hopefully all will be =

Being a relative newcomer to the irising game I don't know if I will be =
able to contribute a great deal to the other users of this mailing list =
but hope that I can learn a few things and will gladly partake in any =
exchanges of information.

Kind regards,
Sue Stribley