Re: this cold weather

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: this cold weather
  • From: "Walter A. Moores" <wam2@Ra.MsState.Edu>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Sep 1997 12:34:23 -0600 (MDT)

On Thu, 4 Sep 1997 Gardenhous@aol.com wrote:

> hello all
>
> it was 48F this am and I have just planted some iris and I am expecting more
> from Cooleys this week and I am worried about this cold weather will it
> effect the iris settling in and what can I do to help them?
>
> Doreen McCabe  Gardenhous

	Where are you located?  I still have not gotten my order from
Stockton or Mary's garden.  Here in MS it is best to get irises planted by
Oct. 1 in order for roots to establish to prevent heaving later on in our
freeze/thaw winter.

	You might want to get some bricks to anchor the rhizomes if you
live in a severe winter area.

	Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS 7/8