Re: this cold weather

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: this cold weather
  • From: "Walter A. Moores" <wam2@Ra.MsState.Edu>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Sep 1997 12:34:59 -0600 (MDT)

> For our part, we need rain desperately.  Yesterday the passing front gave
> us all of 0.14 of an inch in a 10-minute shower.  Didn't even lay the dust
> in the dog-yard.  No meaningful, serious rain here since early June, and
> now with the autumn fronts starting early, there seems little chance til
> November.  Watering is out for now because our well is low and the pump
> labors mightily to keep up with household needs.
> Ain't horticulture fun?
> Bill Shear

	Horticulture shonuff is fun!  I did not know that you lived on a
farm and used well water.

	The cool front left us high and dry also.  We have not had any
rain for about three weeks now and are getting dry just at planting time.
The sprinklers will be working over time here.  But, I am so glad that the
wind blew away the terrible humidity we have had for the last few weeks.

	Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS 7/8