CAT: Mary's Garden

Dorothy, in respnse to Walter, wrote

<< Hmmm. I still have an order from Mary's garden outstanding, also.  And it
 getting pretty late to plant here.  Sept. 1 is what I consider the last
 "good" date here.  Are other folks still waiting for orders from Mary? >>

Yes. In fact I don't know anyone who placed one that has received it.

I placed a small order to test this nursery, which has a very interesting and
extensive catalog of older irises, and requested delivery mid-July. When it
didn't arrive I assumed it was delayed or lost in the strike, but then, when
it still didn't get here, I started asking around and I have yet to find
anyone who has seen their plants.

Last week I sent along a note requesting clarification, but I have not had an
answer back yet. We here are all agreed that it stinks on the surface, and,
while we certainly hope that there has been no personal tragedy involved, we
are not pleased. We are in the annoying position of  not wanting to cancel
because she has something rare we want badly, but it is getting too late to
plant. I have no idea what is going on, but I am not at all happy about it.

Anner Whitehead, Richmond,VA-speaking
Herny Hall henryanner@aol.com