Re: OT-BIO Sue Stribley

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: OT-BIO Sue Stribley
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@erols.com>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Sep 1997 18:05:14 -0600 (MDT)

stribley wrote:

> Good evening. =20
>
> My name is Sue and I live in a small town approximately 40 kms north =
> east of Adelaide, South Australia, called One Tree Hill.  We live on a =
> hobby farm of approximately 25 acres . . .
>
> Having just gone into spring our blooming season will start shortly.  =
> Well, I hope it will start shortly because this year I seemed to lose a =
> lot of leaves and, up to about a month ago, a lot of my plants had fans =
> of only 2"-3" high.  Our winter was very dry  this year - I don't know =
> if that contributed to the problem or not.  Anyway the majority of =
> plants have started to shoot a bit better now so hopefully all will be =
> well.
>
> Being a relative newcomer to the irising game I don't know if I will be =
> able to contribute a great deal to the other users of this mailing list =
> but hope that I can learn a few things and will gladly partake in any =
> exchanges of information.
>
> Kind regards,
> Sue Stribley

Welcome to Iris-L, Sue. Your leaf-loss, new-growth sounds like normal
late-winter-to-spring iris behavior to me. Of course, trying to see
things from your perspective, I tend to lose focus after standing on my
head for several moments.

Is your "hobby farm" the equivalent of a "suburban spread" in our
culture?

Griff Crump, along the tidal Potomac near Mount Vernon, VA, where
everything is right-side-up (naturally).  jgcrump@erols.com