Re: OT-BIO Sue Stribley

stribley wrote:
> Good evening. =20

--  snip  --

Hi Sue,

Welcome to the list. We were all beginners at one point. I learned most
of what I know about irises from the list, and people even ask me
questions now! (especially when all the really knowledgable folk are
away at the national meeting.

The winter dropping of leaves sounds about normal, It also sounds like
it is time to give them a feeding of balanced (10-10-10) fertilizer and
make sure they have enough water (not overly much though) for the next
several months until they go dormant for the summer (about two months
after they bloom).

The best advice you can get though would be from someone locally that
grows irises, and is familiar with the conditions associated with your

John Jones, jijones@ix.netcom.com
Heavy clay base for my raised beds.