Re: Louisianans

Ian Efford wrote
> Having lived in Ottawa for 20 years now, I remember the North of England
> as a balmy tropical paradise where almost anything would grow!
I suppose what I would think cold here, the rare occasions it does go to
-10oC on January nights, is warm to some folks at that time of the year,
but "balmy tropical paradise"!!... We can grow a good few things here and
do count myself fortunate not to have the weather extremes that Zone 4
brings (I think I'm about Zone 7/8). I hexagona cultivation is definately
looking up though, and if some of the LA species can manage zone 4 they
can certainly try the tropical Tyne valley!
Thanks for the tips everyone, I'll let you know how I get on,
Chris Morris>