Re: Louisianans

On Thu, 4 Sep 1997, Ian E. Efford wrote:

> I would suggest some slight changes to Diana's comments to chris on
> hardiness of Louisianans.
> I agree that "some of the LA's are hardy in zone 4" but not with the
> statement that "nelsoni not and probably not brevicaulis either"
> nelsoni, in two colour varieties, has been grown by Bruce Richardson
> near Hamilton, which I assume is Zone 4 and brevicaulis grows wild in
> Southern Ontario also near Detroit which, again I assume is in zone 4.
	I question the hardiness of tet. La's in Zones 7/8.  Every year
they get zapped in my bog and do not bloom.  Somebody said they prefer
upland growing conditions and not bogs.  I posted this message once before
but nobody responded.

	Again, do tets. resent bogs and prefer drier locales?

	Marie Caillet just sent me one of the Mertzweiller interploidy
seedlings.  Should it be planted in the bog or in a drier bed?

	Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS 7/8