Re: Solar blanket vs black plastic

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Solar blanket vs black plastic
  • From: Sing7178@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 06:39:10 -0600 (MDT)

I have been using the solar blanket from my pool to cook the grass.  It seems
to kill the creepy weeds long before it kills the grass.  My gardening buddy
is now using black plastic.  We are going to compare notes on which seems to
be faster.

I have tilled and planted just about all that I'm going to for this year.  I
am now planning on what I want for next year.  I have about 250 new iris this
year.  Am planning on lots of expansion!  Wanted to grow iris to give to
friends and possibly next year sell a few to pay for all this expansion!!!!!

Thanks for the advice.  Does anyone out there have experience using a pool
solar blanket?

East Peoria, Il

Another cool morning...will be 80 today.  Just plain gorgeous weather.  Love