Re: Louisianans

>	I question the hardiness of tet. La's in Zones 7/8.  Every year
>they get zapped in my bog and do not bloom.  Somebody said they prefer
>upland growing conditions and not bogs.  I posted this message once before
>but nobody responded.

Tetraploid LAs have done beautifully in my garden for many years.  Some are
evidentely chance seedlings, so they seem to do well here far to the north
of Walter's Mississippi garden.  Could it be that early warm weather
entices new soft growth that then gets hit by late frosts?

Bill Shear
Department of Biology
Hampden-Sydney College
Hampden-Sydney VA 23943