Re: Auction Irises

mikesmom@ix.netcom.com wrote:

> Therefore, I'm writing to ask for any information on
> these.
>
> PLEASURES OF MAY
	Beautiful lav-pink Siberian - bloomed for me for 7 weeks this
year.  Schafer-Sachs intro from 1995, I believe.

> CARELESS SALLY
	Another Shafer-Sachs intro from 1996, nice pinkish.  'Just got
 that this year myself, after seeing it at MASS MEDLEY convention last
 year.

> TRIM THE VELVET
	Another Shafer-Sachs from 1994(?), nice velvety blue with a wire
  edge.

> SILBERKANTE
	Thomas Tamberg from Germany.  Silvery-blue, really nice from what
   I remember at the convention.

> LADY WALPOLE
	Schafer-Sachs 1996 intro - beautiful ruffly blue - bloomed this
   year for me.

  You did really great with your picks!  I am a personal fan of the
Schafer-Sachs intros, and the hybridizers themselves.  In case you are
not familiar with them, Marty Schafer and Jan Sachs are from just north
west of Boston, Carlisle, MA, and run the Joe Pye Weed Garden.  I have
been fortunate enough to visit their couple several times (a 4 hour
drive) - and it's beautiful ALL THE TIME!  Plus they are the greatest
people!  Enjoy.

Jan Haney - Siberian Fanatic, and Iris-L lurker
Region 2 - Stillwater, NY
USDA Zone 4