Re: Auction Irises,siberian question

ECPep@aol.com wrote:
> << My R & I's are at a friend's house, but she's in California for at least
>  two more weeks. Therefore, I'm writing to ask for any information on
>  these.
> Diana,
> Are you growing siberians in Texas?
> Claire Peplowski
> East Nassau, New York  - zone 4 - nearly frosted last night!

You betcha! Until last night, I only had three, but by the end of this
month, who knows!

The best one for me is CORONATION ANTHYM. I have a 12" diameter clump
with four bloom stalks on it this spring. Talk about a cutie!

I will be adding Spurias, Siberians, and Japanese over the next few
years, in order to be more diverse. The same goes for MDBs, and MTBs.
I have several Louisianas, TBs, & medians except for these.

The only variety that did not bloom for me this year, was my two
Japanese irises. Maybe next year.

Diana Winship
Richardson, Texas