Re: Iris hexagona

Chris,
If I did my calculations right -10 C is 14 F.   We get lows in that
range and hexagona does fine.   It might depend on how long you stay
frozen.  In any case, you will want to mulch and since you are
dealing with a seedling I would cloche it this winter to be on the
safe side.  I can't say wheather you will have enough warm weather
for it to flourish. How much sun it gets may be more important.  The
LAs need LOTS of sun.

Rodney Barton
rbarton@hsc.unt.edu
Hickory Creek, (North Central) Texas, USA
Zone 7/8, typical temp range 15 - 105 F (-9 - 41 C)
AIS, SIGNA, SPCNI, SLI, FWIS, Iris-L

North American Native Iris Web Page:
http://molly.hsc.unt.edu/~rbarton/Iris/NANI.html