Re: Louisianans

On Fri, 5 Sep 1997 RMTURLEY@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 9/5/97 6:12:50 AM, you wrote:
>
> <<Again, do tets. resent bogs and prefer drier locales?
>
> 	Marie Caillet just sent me one of the Mertzweiller interploidy
> seedlings.  Should it be planted in the bog or in a drier bed? >>
>
> Walter,
>
> I grew a couple of the tet cultivars of Louisiana iris.  I grew them in moist
> beds not saturated but moist.  I almost lost them and had to pick them up and
> put them in pots and baby them.
>
> I would throw those dogs away! (<:) That's what I did.  There are just to
> many gorgeous easy to grow cultivars, than baby sitting those jewels just
> 'cause they're suppose to be superior with their extra chromosomes.  Just a
> personal opinion!  (<:)
>
> Robert Turley
> Lac Charles, la Louisiane

	Throwing them away may be my next option.  I am going to plant
some in a 'regular' bed that is somewhat elevated and see how they do.  If
they don't perform there, I will junk them because they are just too much
trouble.  A lot of the flowers don't open properly either, so why continue
to hybridize tets if they have these obvious faults.  I feel now that this
is said I will be bombarded with comments by those who are trying to
eliminate the faults.  But, I feel that since these faults exist, the
buyer should know about them.

	Thanks, Robert.  Your comments from where tet La's were created is
valuable information.

	Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS 7/8