Re: Source of Incorrect Names

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Source of Incorrect Names
  • From: "Walter A. Moores" <wam2@Ra.MsState.Edu>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 19:17:20 -0600 (MDT)

	It never occurred to me until today why some commercial iris
growers go to so much trouble to label their irises with some sort of
plastic or paper tag.  I received a box of rhizomes today that probably
have been out of the ground for an entire month and are completely dried
out.  The labeling was done by a Marks-A-Lot, and since the leaves are so
dried and wrinkled, it is almost impossible to read the names.  Of course,
I had a copy of what I had ordered, but I am baffled by the names on the
extras.  There was no packing list included, so I am clueless about what
the extras are.  I can read a word or two on one or two, but I have three
that are useless to me because I cannot read the Marks-A-Lot writing.  I
can see now how some people have guessed at the names and have come up
with something similar.  A few such 'guessed at names' have been mentioned
earlier on Iris-l and have been corrected.

	Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS 7/8