CAT: Stockton Gardens

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: CAT: Stockton Gardens
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@erols.com>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 19:17:56 -0600 (MDT)

Fellow growers -- I have noticed a couple of references to Stockton Iris
Gardens, both evincing concern about orders. I will put it in starker
terms: Is Stockton Iris Gardens still in business?

I ordered from Stockton on August 9. All other gardens from which I have
ordered SUBSEQUENT to that date have delivered. I have heard nothing
from Stockton. I have placed three long-distance calls to Stockton
during California business hours at the phone number published in their
catalogue. Each time, I have gotten a recorded message, not identifying
itself as Stockton, saying only " Nobody is available . . . please leave
a message." The long distance operator says it has no listing for
Stockton Iris Gardens or anything like it in the Stockton area. There
has been no answer to the message I left with their published number.

My question:  Has Stockton Iris Gardens gone out of business and taken
our money with it?

Griff Crump, along the tidal Potomac near Mount Vernon, VA, where even
Federal civil servants know what should be expected from private
enterprise. jgcrump@erols.com