Re: CAT: Stockton Gardens

J. Griffin Crump wrote:
> Fellow growers -- I have noticed a couple of references to Stockton Iris
> Gardens, both evincing concern about orders. I will put it in starker
> terms: Is Stockton Iris Gardens still in business?
> I ordered from Stockton on August 9. All other gardens from which I have
> ordered SUBSEQUENT to that date have delivered. I have heard nothing
> from Stockton. I have placed three long-distance calls to Stockton
> during California business hours at the phone number published in their
> catalogue. Each time, I have gotten a recorded message, not identifying
> itself as Stockton, saying only " Nobody is available . . . please leave
> a message." The long distance operator says it has no listing for
> Stockton Iris Gardens or anything like it in the Stockton area. There
> has been no answer to the message I left with their published number.
> My question:  Has Stockton Iris Gardens gone out of business and taken
> our money with it?
> Griff Crump, along the tidal Potomac near Mount Vernon, VA, where even
> Federal civil servants know what should be expected from private
> enterprise. jgcrump@erols.com
Hi,  Just a note to say I sent for my iris from Stockton and recieved
them the end of August, with a lote of extras, about double what I sent
for.  I have ordered from them for quite a few years and have always
been well satisfied.  Our iris society always orders from them for our
sale and auction in July.  Have never been disappointed.  Dee