Re: Incorrect names.

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Incorrect names.
  • From: "Michael Cook" <macook@iglou.com>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 19:52:23 -0600 (MDT)

Walter,
     Once, because of dried leaves, I accidentally contributed to the
misnamed Iris mess.  It involved the Iris FIFTY GRAND.  It had been written
as 50 GRAND.  Since the leaves were shriveled, I thought that it was SO
GRAND.  I gave it to other growers under the name SO GRAND.  Only after it
was disqualified as being misnamed in the show did I do some investigating
and find out that it was really FIFTY GRAND.   Once I found that out, I
informed those who got the Iris that it was really FIFTY GRAND instead of
SO GRAND.

Mark A. Cook
macook@iglou.com
Lexington, KY