Re: Iris hexagona

<<My I.hexagona is planted under a tree, but then we get a lot of hot
sun here.  Plus my trees are cut up high.  My yard has filtered shade
in most of it.  I really don't have a problem be cause the trees are
first coming into leaf at the time most of my iris are
blooming.  Pat Brooks Zone 8  Ladson, SC >>

Dear Pat,

Iris hexagona grows in south Florida in "Cypress Heads".  These are low areas
with water where cypress trees grow.  The iris grow during the winter while
the trees are leafless and start to flower as new foliage is starting on the
cypress trees in March.  It is a real neat experience to visit these sites
where this occurs with iris.

Robert Turley
Lake Charles, LA