Hybridizing bulbous irises (was English Iris)

Bill Shear asked:
>Does anyone know of any current hybridizing work with bulbous irises other
>than junos?

Lately I have been wondering how to cross Dutch Irises.  We have some in
bloom in the garden at the moment.  I can find the anthers, but I'm not sure
where the pollen goes.  All the hybridizing information I have is about TBs
(I'm told they're the easiest to cross) and while I'm interested in
hybridizing other sorts, I'm not exactly sure how to do it.   Can anyone help?