Re: OT: Temperature Conversions

I believe the simplest method of conversion is the following.

>From C to F: Multiply the Celsius degrees by 2, subtract 10% and add 32.

>From F to C: Subtract 32, add 10% and divide by 2.

All this would probably be unnecessary if we had either four or eight
fingers on each hand. It is likely that we would have used an octal or
hexadecimal number system and we could then develop a rational measurement
system instead of the flawed decimal system which is simply an attempt to
make the best of a bad situation.

Our low last night was 'B'.

John Montgomery
Vernon  BC