Re: CAT: Mary's Garden

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: CAT: Mary's Garden
  • From: Dorothy Fingerhood <daf10@cornell.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Sep 1997 07:14:24 -0600 (MDT)

At 12:08 AM 9/5/97 -0600, John wrote:

>I happened to talk to Mary about a week+ ago. She was in the process of
>closing down her antique store. Seemed that she had been busy. She said
>she would send me a catalog, but it hasn't arrived yet. Don't know about
>her orders.
>I would suggest calling her instead of continuing to wonder.

Excellent suggestion, John.  I did this last night.  Mary was quite
apologetic; she has been busy.  She said that the last of the orders would
be in the mail by the 1st of the week.  I mentioned the iris-list briefly;
said I would post this info. if she desired, and she thanked me.

I was astounded to find that she is working a full-time job in addition to
her antique (?) business and iris garden.  She will retire next May, and is
looking forward to having more time for her garden.  She was hoping she did
not have too many losses, as the weather has been "uncooperative" for the
past 2 years.

I am still marveling over her super-human efforts, since I have still not
recovered from moving approx. 250 cultivars into sod-covered soil in the
past 4 months or so....

Dorothy Fingerhood
Newfield, NY