Thanks from new member

Thank you to all who have welcomed me to the list.

Thanks Griff and John for soothing words on my leaf drop.  My main =
concern was that it didn't happen the past two winters and probably 30% =
of this year's "crop" is as I would expect.  Anyway I won't panic and =
will wait and see how my flowering goes.   I am a member of our local =
Iris Society but have missed the last three meetings due to illness or =
holidays, so haven't caught up with what may be happening locally.

In August (last month of winter here) I had lovely blooms on LOVE THE =
SUN and LUNCHTIME LOVER - don't know if these are rebloomers or just =
really out of synch plants!

By the way Griff we're not all upside down here - the only time the =
blood rushes to my head is when tackling all the weeds - a common =
problem it seems.  Unfortunately I don't know what you class as a =
"suburban spread", however we were once classed as "country" but the =
suburbs have spread out this far now and quite a bit of One Tree Hill =
has been divided into 1/2 acres blocks.  Those of us who moved in 15 =
years ago all bought 20 acres or so and run a few cows or sheep, have a =
larger garden and orchard etc and really enjoy the benefits of peaceful =
country living not too far from the city.

Mark,
There is a commercial grower in hills near Adelaide, IRIS ACRES, who =
stock a few Siberian Iris, also I think a few members of our Society =
grow them also.  I will make further enquiries.

Weather in South Australia is cool (16C) and a little drizzly.  After a =
very dry winter we are looking for more rain to fill the tanks and get =
the pastures growing for our cows.

Regards,
Sue Stribley