Re: Solar blanket vs black plastic

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Solar blanket vs black plastic
  • From: GSJW1010@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 6 Sep 1997 18:13:19 -0600 (MDT)

Hi....I have been following the conversations on the different types of
plastic, and thought I would tell you my results.
I am  working on two areas for spring, and had one garden covered with clear
plastic, and the other covered with black plastic and  a tarp.   They have
been covered 8 days as of today, and I have to tell you the clear plastic has
already killed off the grass.  I checked under the dark covers, and the grass
was still green.  So I recovered the garden with a clear plastic.
This is in central Illinois, and I know there were questions raised about how
good the clear plastic would work  in other parts of the country.  It works
fine and dandy here!!!!!!

Thanks for all the info on everything............

Its a beautiful  night  in central  Illinois...................

Jan   in   Groveland, IL