Re: Descriptions please

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Descriptions please
  • From: "Michael Cook" <macook@iglou.com>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Sep 1997 20:56:14 -0600 (MDT)

----------
> From: Sing7178@aol.com
> To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
> Subject: Re: Descriptions please
> Date: Friday, September 05, 1997 10:27 PM
>
> I just received a few more iris to plant.  I do not have descriptions on
some
> of them.  Could someone out there give me some help?

Gayla,
     Here are the descriptions that I could find for you.  The others are
more recent than my 1989 Checklist.  There is a Zebra listed in the 1939
Checklist, but I am not sure it is the same flower.

> NEW DAWNING
> NIGHT OWL  TB 38"  Standards rich dark violet-blue-black.  Falls same
with velvety texture.  Same color for beards.  Schreiner's, 1970.

> MARRIAGE VOWS  TB 38"  Standards light blue-pink.  Falls bluish white,
lightly picoteed pink band. Tagerine Beard.  Ghio, 1987.

> ROSE CAPRICE  TB 38"  Standards silky rose-lavender.  Falls same with
haft appearing to intensify same prime color.  Yellow beard.  Schreiner's,
1972.

> CRACKLIN BURGUNDY  TB 35"  Lighlty ruffled smooth silky deep burgundy
red.  Same color for Beard.  Schreiner's, 1981.

> MALEGUENA
> BANANA FRAPPE
> BLUE LUSTER  TB 38"  Standards ruffled blue.  Falls violet-blue.  Blue
beard.  O. Brown, 1973.

> ZEBRA
> WELL ENDOWED  TB 40"  Bright gold self with small white area below gold
beard.  Ghio., 1979.

> IMMORTALITY  TB 30"  Ruffled pure white. White beard.  Fragrant.
Reblooms. (I grow this Iris.  It has a blue tint to it in cooler weather.)
Zurbrigg, 1982.

(snip)

Mark A. Cook
macook@iglou.com