San Fernando Valley Iris Society Auction

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: San Fernando Valley Iris Society Auction
  • From: Gerry Snyder <gcsnyd@loop.com>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Sep 1997 22:17:25 -0600 (MDT)

Our club had its annual auction Thursday. By my unofficial count sales
topped $2000, leading to a net of some $1300. I managed to keep my
purchases below $200, buying 22 iris including 4 '97s and 1 '98. I started
digging this morning to make room for the new ones.

The auction profit will pay for the monthly newsletter for the next year,
and our monthly plant table and iris raffle pay for the meeting room and
storage area rental. The sale of potted iris at the spring show and the
other spring sales more than pay show expenses. That means that profit from
the fall sale can be devoted to programs and the annual contribution to the
newly set up fund to cover losses in hosting Region 15 treks, which looks
as if it will be happening every 5 years (or maybe even 4), since some of
the  7 clubs in our region feel that they can't host something as big as a
spring regional.

So, despite the southern California economy, which is recovering more
slowly than much of the rest of the country, SFVIS is in pretty good shape.
I hope that it will be possible to say the same at the end of my

Gerry in Los Angeles--over 200 days without rain officially

gcsnyd@loop.com    AIS Region 15
Warm, winterless Los Angeles
President of San Fernando Valley Iris Society