Re: CAT: Stockton Gardens

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: CAT: Stockton Gardens
  • From: Gerry Snyder <gcsnyd@loop.com>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Sep 1997 12:45:20 -0600 (MDT)

Walter A. Moores wrote:

> On Sat, 6 Sep 1997, J. Griffin Crump wrote:
> > At any rate, I
> > now have from Stockton Gardens several nice irises which I, as a
> > hybridizer, have no use for, since they are outside the lines I am
> > interested in.
> >
> > Griff Crump, along the tidal Potomac near Mount Vernon, VA
> > jgcrump@erols.com
> >
>         Obviously, Stockton Gardens think they can assuage the pain of not
> getting what one ordered by loading one up on '97's and '98's.  I do not
> fall for that.  My order was placed April 21, 1997, and I should have
> gotten everything I wanted.  If they were out of stock, I should have been
> informed at that time.  I feel that  this technique is still 'bait and
> switch' even if it involves plants of a higher value.   There will be no
> future orders from me.

Most of us are quite happy with substitutions of higher value. For those of
you with more specific needs, their order blank should have a check box for
"No Substitutions." Since it doesn't, writing that in in large letters would
be a good idea.

Too late now, though.

Gerry--friend of Abe and past Stockton principals, and regretting your

gcsnyd@loop.com    AIS Region 15
Warm, winterless Los Angeles
President of San Fernando Valley Iris Society