Re: Auction Irises

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Auction Irises
  • From: Mark Thornsburg <thrnsbrg@flash.net>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Sep 1997 20:15:33 -0600 (MDT)

mikesmom@ix.netcom.com wrote:

>  As some of you may have read, Rusty had a good time. So
> did I. For going over my planned budget of ______! I only went over by
> $1.00. But then, I was sitting next to the accountant and she kept me
> informed of how close I was to it.

Hmmm...maybe it's better to set a *range* for yourself. Mine was
$40-$45.  That way, I was well within my bounds.  (And I have no problem
letting you know Just How Much I Spent.)

> I have the necessary info on the other 22.

DIANA,  are you saying you bought 22 irises at the AUCTION???  I was
sitting at the same table as you, and I was still able to see you across
the table when I left.  Where did you put them???  Or was I just off in
WAFFLE TALK land???  (Note to all iris-l er's...If you are ever at an
auction with Diana, watch out.  I bought AFFAIRE, and she bought the
second rhizome...she lets others do her bidding, so to speak <G>)

Well, I hope "yawl" have enjoyed our auction stories.