Re: soil solarisation

hi ho all

my 2 cents worth about the clear verses black plastic

well I tried both here in NZ I live in the equivelent of the  US zone 9  or
so I was told .... and the clear plastic is more effective ... i did two
sections of new garden side by side & the clear was a better kill of the
grass & other nasties...... the black killes the grass faster but didn't
kill the nasties.

for Dana & the others from friday chat YES the Rimu tree (native NZ tree)
is surviving :) it threw two new shoots that i have carefully pruned to one
and am training it as new leader :) AND i have large sign saying "Sorry due
to the damage done to my garden by visitors it it now CLOSED to the public"
 thanks John for the words :)
who now has moved the fence out ... well i just took it down & moved into
the paddock ... who needs a fence anymore

Sonya Oppenhuis
Bay Of Plenty
first country to see the light of a new day