Re: my view

On Fri, 5 Sep 1997 15:04:35 -0600 (MDT) Gardenhous@aol.com writes:

>I am waiting for my Cooleys iris to arrive and frantically preparing
>more
>beds.  The trouble is I need  some land cleared and tilled and  locals
>aren't
>crazy about the hardwork I guess or all my new england rocks.

After my husband's back decided it had enough iris bed digging, my
solution was to hire a bunch of teen boys from my church.  Once school
started back and they had to quit their summer jobs to allow time for
studying, football and soccer practice, etc., they were desperate for a
way to make money.  I have had several working, initially under
supervision, and the ones that did the best are coming back after school
this week, and Saturday if necessary, to finish the digging.  They work
pretty cheap, and have done as good a job as the professional
landscapers/lawn care folks I have used in the past, especially since the
boys don't second guess my choices of plants or where to put them.

Lynn Woosley
Marietta, GA
USDA Zone 8