Re: Louisianans

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Louisianans
  • From: "Patricia D, Brooks" <pdbrooks@awod.com>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Sep 1997 10:04:33 -0600 (MDT)

Brian Mathew from England states in his book that theyy need a humus
rich soil , which is permanently wet during growing  season. I use
raised beds when I plant bearded iris

.I live 35 miles from Thomas Walter's home, he is the person who
first gave the species its name. I can say that land  in  the area is
very wet during growing season.

Since it is your iris you can do what you please with it.  You can
plant some in a raise bed and some in ground that will be wet
during growinig season.

Pat Brooks Zone 8 Ladson SC.