Re: Auction Irises

Mark Thornsburg wrote:

> mikesmom@ix.netcom.com wrote:
>
> >  As some of you may have read, Rusty had a good time. So
> > did I. For going over my planned budget of ______! I only went over by
> >
> > $1.00. But then, I was sitting next to the accountant and she kept me
> > informed of how close I was to it.
>
> Hmmm...maybe it's better to set a *range* for yourself. Mine was
> $40-$45.  That way, I was well within my bounds.  (And I have no problem
> letting you know Just How Much I Spent.)
>
> > I have the necessary info on the other 22.
>
> DIANA,  are you saying you bought 22 irises at the AUCTION???  I was
> sitting at the same table as you, and I was still able to see you across
> the table when I left.  Where did you put them???  Or was I just off in
> WAFFLE TALK land???  (Note to all iris-l er's...If you are ever at an
> auction with Diana, watch out.  I bought AFFAIRE, and she bought the
> second rhizome...she lets others do her bidding, so to speak.

CORRECTION RUSTY! I DO NOT LET OTHERS DO MY BIDDING!!!!!
I already have Affaire but, wanted another for a friend. She had
specified a limit price, and when that went over her budget, I stopped.
Your next bid over mine was the final, therefore, I personally paid the
extra amount & went home with Affaire for her.

And yes, I went home with that many. I have always supported my clubs,
and always will. Not only does it help them, but, it also give me irises
that I love.

Diana