Re: Source of Incorrect Names

Walter A. Moores wrote:

 I received a box of rhizomes today that probably have been out of the
ground for an entire month and are completely dried out.  The labeling
was done by a Marks-A-Lot, and since the leaves are so dried and
wrinkled, it is almost impossible to read the names.

I have found that if you put the irises in a tub of water for a short
while, the dried up leaves soften up enough to open them flat and read
anything that's on them.

If you haven't discarded the dead leaves, try it.

Diana Winship