Re: OT: Lamia

> LAMIA on a label she immediately said "how nice and appropriate" The reason
> was that she translated it to (perhaps Italian) where it meant "THE ONE FOR
> ME" or something approximating that.

La is "the" and "mia" would be mine -- with mia (vs. mio) indicating a
female object of attention.  THE ONE THAT'S MINE could be a translation,
but "La" and "mia" are redundant.  If I want to say "my music" it would
musica mia; "the music" would be "la musica."
Amy Moseley Rupp
amyr@austx.tandem.com, Austin, TX, USDA zone 8b, Sunset zone 30
Jill O. *Trades, Mistress O. {}  busy bee as proponent for: