  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: RE:Borers
  • From: "Phyllis Semenas" <pjs@vbe.com>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Sep 1997 20:23:31 -0600 (MDT)

We have huge infestations of borers in Wi some years. I've switched
from Cygon 2E to Ortho's Lindane Borer Control (less toxic & less
expensive) with a spreader-sticker sprayed on the leaves in spring.
Some folks will scoff, but have also had good luck interplanting
marigolds. I can't explain why, but it has worked for me!
Phyllis Semenas