Re: Echo Valley

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Echo Valley
  • From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <cwalters@cache.net>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Sep 1997 21:40:36 -0600 (MDT)

Hi David!
     You write (8 Sept 97):
> Would someone provide me with information on an iris named Echo Vally. I
> told it is a rebloomer but can't find any info on it. Thanks in advance.

The following info is from the 1959 AIS Checklist:

ECHO VALLEY (Muhlestein, introducer for Mrs. S. D. Kerr, originator; R.
1952) 36" EM   TB-onco. Reblooms in fall. Plicata, white marked purple.
Ormohr X Wabash. Tell 1952.

Tell Muhlestein was the longtime "Dean" of Utah hybridizers; I don't know
anything concerning Mrs. S. D. Kerr, but Tell would introduce worthwhile
iris from many different "amateur" hybridizers. As a cross between a "Mohr"
iris and a TB, I imagine Echo Valley would be classified as a TB by modern