OT-PLANTS: Jacobean Lily

Hi everyone!
              I found some mention of this in the archives, and thought I'd
add my two cents worth:

Walter asked if red was the only colour available.  According to a book on
perennials that I have, there is a white form of this, but it is very rare.
A friend of Dad's (who I haven't met) gave me a few bulbs of the red variety
a few months ago, and I'm hoping they will flower this spring.  Until
recently, I'd never even seen a picture of it, or heard of it, apart from
the name the friend wrote on the bag.

Ann Pearce