Re: OT-PLANTS: Jacobean Lily

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: OT-PLANTS: Jacobean Lily
  • From: "Walter A. Moores" <wam2@Ra.MsState.Edu>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 09:41:15 -0600 (MDT)

On Tue, 9 Sep 1997 apearce@academy.net.au wrote:

> Hi everyone!
>               I found some mention of this in the archives, and thought I'd
> add my two cents worth:
>
> Walter asked if red was the only colour available.  According to a book on
> perennials that I have, there is a white form of this, but it is very rare.
> A friend of Dad's (who I haven't met) gave me a few bulbs of the red variety
> a few months ago, and I'm hoping they will flower this spring.  Until
> recently, I'd never even seen a picture of it, or heard of it, apart from
> the name the friend wrote on the bag.
>
> Ann Pearce

	Ann, thanks for the research on this.  I hope we can locate a
white one.  The flower is shaped like an orchid.  I just got the sulphur
yellow Ismene (Peruvian daffodil or spider  lilly) this spring and it
bloomed beautifully.  The waxy leaves have been unchewed by the
grasshoppers.
	Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS 7/8