RE: Borers

I had previously posted that this year there was a possibility for a
second generational cycle for borers.  With an early spring and a hot
dry summer, many insects complete their life cycle much earlier.  It
wouldn't take much for the borer to complete a second life cycle.  I
don't think that they would be affected much by early frosts if they
make it into the rhizome by then.

Maureen Mark
Ottawa, Canada - I've been checking my rhizomes every other day for
borer.