Re: OT PESTS (earwigs)

>	We do have one pain in the neck pest that I haven't seen mentioned
>	on the list...earwigs...they don't 'eat' that much but nest in the
>	bearded and Siberians.

And they are not strict vegetarians either. I have not seen them do enough
plant damage to get me very excited but there are ather reasons to avoid them.

A couple of years ago I was operating a tiller while wearing ear
protectors. One ear kept giving me an uncomortable signal and I would give
the ear muff a bang, thinking it was pinching my ear. After I found blood
dripping out of the ear muff, I checked inside and an earwig was grazing
along the edge of my ear flap. An appropriately named insect.

Since then I keep them out of my ear protectors.

John Montgomery
Vernon  BC  Zone 5